CERAMICS HANDBUILDING - CUP AND SAUCER
In this workshop we will be making ceramic tableware using the hand pinching technique. You’ll learn how to create your own cup and saucer set, perfect for enjoying your favorite beverage.
When the work has been glazed and fired, we will inform you when it’s ready for pick up.
- Date: October 1st, 16:00 – 18:00; October 22nd, 16:00 – 18:00
- Duration: 2 hours
- Fee: €55
- Language of Instruction: English, Chinese, French, or Dutch.
- Materials and Tools: Provided.
- What will I take home? A glazed and fired cup and saucer set. They will be food safe, microwave-safe and dishwasher proof.
- Venue: Hae (Sint Jacobstraat 5, 6211LA Maastricht).
- Is the workshop child-friendly? Yes
Sheng is a ceramicist based in Beringen, Belgium.
He lives and works on a small farm where hens lay eggs and chicks hatch, flowers blossom and bees visit, while vegetables grow and fruits ripen.
Sheng 盛 carries the meaning of “abundance” and from time to time he invites guests to come together to celebrate the harvest from his farm. He makes functional tablewares to bring out layers of natural beauty. Different personalities of clays are balanced with unique characters of each glaze and are made to hold anything, from flowers from the field to food on the table.