BOTANICAL ILLUSTRATION WORKSHOP
Create your own botanical scene, inspired by historical illustrations and herbarium sheets. You’ll learn how to apply the dot work technique to your illustrations and the ins-and-outs of what makes these illustrations come to life. Learn how to translate values from the scene you’d like to draw onto paper. You’ll create botanical illustrations of choice on high quality paper, that allows you to color it afterwards when you get home. (Coloring is not included in the workshop).
- Date: October 30th (Friday) 2020.
- Duration: 14:00 – 17:00.
- Fee: €35.
- Language of Instruction: English or Dutch.
- Materials and Tools: Provided.
- What will I take home? You’ll take home a set of the Sakura Pigma Micron pens and a little notebook in which you have practiced the techniques so you can look back at what you’ve learned. And your own botanical illustrations.
- Venue: Hae (Sint Jacobstraat 5, 6211LA Maastricht).
- Is the workshop child-friendly? This depends on the illustrations skills (recommend from age 12 and older)
To ensure that there is enough space between each participant, we are capping our class to a maximum of 5 participants. We will also be providing hand sanitizer and working to ensure that all crafting surfaces and equipment are properly sanitized.
Each of our workshops has a minimum number of participants required by the teacher. In case that number is not met, the workshop will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
Dagmar Boijens is a self-taught illustrator who mainly finds inspiration from nature and her dreams. Her main expertise is dot work illustrations, in which she displays her curiosity for the world around her and creates detailed projections of her interests.